Australia is attracting a great deal of expats because of their labor initiative to fill an enormous population gap in their workplace. Additionally, Australia is attracting expats who want a pleasant locale with nice people to retire. For this reason, there have been many cities of Australia developing expat communities. Here are the top five expat communities in Australia:
- Sydney: Sydney is truly a world class city that does have a plethora of professional opportunities for expats. In addition to Australia’s famous working holiday visa, Sydney offers a wide range of real estate options ranging from posh apartments to family homes. Sydney is also a great location for travel given how Sydney has a sensational airport that can fly all over the world. What also makes Sydney so special is that it is the financial and economic center of Australia that also possesses opera/theatre, sensational restaurants, and wine tasting all nearby. It is for this reason that expatriates looking for a world class city have flocked to Sydney.
- Brisbane: Brisbane is Australia’s third largest city. For the expat who is looking for a smaller city that still has professional opportunities, then Brisbane is the ideal place. Brisbane has many corporate opportunities and also, opportunities in the shipping industry. This is why many expats have come here who are looking for a place to have a family that also provides enormous economic opportunities.
- Melbourne: Melbourne is Australia’s second largest city and has a wonderful balance between work opportunities, culture, and high quality of life. For this reason, Melbourne has truly attracted expats from all over the world, which makes for a fascinating social scene while still living in an English-speaking country.
- Adelaide: Even though Adelaide is a second-tier city, it has a sizable expatriate population, particularly in the health care sector. Adelaide is the city to choose if you are not interested in an enormous city, but still want to enjoy some cultural attractions and fine restaurants. This is why Adelaide has attracted the expat looking for something smaller and more peaceful.
- Perth: Perth is an interesting candidate on this list given that it is on the opposite side of Australia. Perth used to be very geographically isolated, which has forced the city to build up its own infrastructure and culture. For this reason, Perth has a very unique culture that has also has made room for a sizable expat community.
Australia is surely the country to watch for expats because the government has made visas much easier to come by due to the labor shortage. This has opened up opportunities for expats to move to and stay in Australia who previously would not have been able to do so.